Ofsted (2013) commented 'Students are especially proud of the wide range of clubs and sporting activities that are available after school, and the opportunity that the school provides for students to study at school and after school. Students participate fully in after-school activities, which clearly help them develop interests and experience that they take beyond the school gates. For example, students spoke extremely highly of the school's drama productions in which they have been involved'.
Extra-curricular activities are a strength of The Highfield School. We offer an exciting and extensive range of extra-curricular opportunities for all of our students throughout the year, which all departments contribute to.
The following is an indication of the opportunities available:
- regular visits to museums, exhibitions and theatres
- residential trips, both in the UK and abroad
- instrumental and vocal music lessons, activities and performances
- practices and competitions in a wide range of sports
- lunch and after school clubs from writing club to chess
- charity and community work
- leadership opportunities
- drama productions
- ground projects such as gardening
Click the links below for the Summer term clubs
A number of lessons are offered at school. For more information on how to book please visit the parent/carer music tuition section of the website.
- Brass - John Lavelle
- Drums - Dan Bird
- Flute - Jane Rose
- Guitar - Ron Aktinson
- Piano - Adrian Oldland
- Violin - Julia Black
- Voice - Lynsey Tibbs
- Woodwind - Valerie Blake