School Uniform & Equipment
Core School Uniform
- *Plain white aertex collared t-shirt with the school logo or a plain white aertex t-shirt.
- *Navy jumper with school badge (in the house colour).
- Plain black or dark grey parallel full length trousers; boot cut or straight leg.
- Plain black or dark grey skirt no shorter than 'fingertips with arms by the side' as the length; knife or box pleated.
- Black shoes of a sensible style, black, grey, navy or white socks only.
- *Navy and White Polo with Highfield School Logo (fitted or unisex style)
- *Navy Shorts
- *Navy Sports Socks
- Shin-guards (compulsory for all students)
- Gum-shield (compulsory for all students)
- Trainers, not basketball boots
- Football boots
- *Navy and White Skort
- *Navy PE Leggings (with Highfield Logo)
- *Navy Trackpants
- *Navy and White Midlayer (with Highfield School Logo)
If any families are struggling with the cost of PE school uniform, please contact the school.
School uniform items marked with an * with the school logo are available to order from the two suppliers listed below.
If purchasing an aertex t-shirt without a school logo, the clothing item must be the same style and material as that which can be purchased from the suppliers.
Pre-loved uniform can be purchased from The Wilbury Community Forum on the second Saturday of each month from 10am - 12.30pm; Wilbury Hall in Letchworth, 103a Bedford Road, SG6 4DU.
Second hand uniform can also often be found in local charity shops.
*Plain white aertex collared t-shirt with the school logo or a plain white aertex t-shirt.
*Navy jumper with the school badge.
Non Uniform jumpers, including 'hoodies' or sports branded zip up tops are not permitted in school and will be confiscated if seen.
Plain black or dark grey full length parallel trousers; boot cut or straight leg.
Cropped or tight trousers, lycra or stretch material including leggings, skinny fit, denim, pleats, creases, buckles flares or splits are not permitted.
|Plain black or dark grey skirt no shorter than 'fingertips with arms by the side' as the length; knife or box pleated.
Skirts that are straight, tight and wrap over style skirts are not allowed.
Black shoes of a sensible style, black, grey, navy or white socks.
|No boots of any sort, flip flop style shoes, plimsolls or trainer like shoes. To clarify, any footwear with sports branding is classed as a trainer and are not acceptable school shoes. No coloured socks or leg warmers allowed. Only black socks may be worn over tights in the winter. Any other colour of sock is not permitted.
|One small ring, one pair of studs in the lower lobe, one chain tucked in - not visible, one wrist watch.
|All other items of jewellery are banned and not to be worn in school. Plasters cannot be worn to cover additional piercings. Where a student does have additional piercings, a clear retainer may be worn in holes where piercings have been removed.
Jewellery can be confiscated (again depending on the circumstances) and there could be occasions where parents have to collect items if this is a repeated issue.
Hats, gloves, scarves.
Hats, gloves and scarves should be removed at the school gate.
Coats should be removed whilst in the school building. Hoodies and sports jackets do not constitute a coat.
School bag large enough to contain an A4 sized book and equipment e.g. pens etc.
Fashion handbags are not suitable to contain books and other equipment needed for school. Contact will be made home with a reminder to get an appropriate bag.
Hair styles must be tidy and not be of an extreme fashion.
Only natural hair colours are acceptable. Sculpturing, such as shaved lines, in any form is not acceptable.
Students are permitted to wear clear nail varnish if they wish.
Acrylic nails/extensions or false nails are not acceptable, and we will ask for them to be removed.
Light make up can be worn
False lashes and heavy make up are not permitted.
Click here for information on The Highfield School's Digital Learning Programme
We do not allow phone use in school. Mobile phones should be switched off and placed in school bags when entering the school. If a student is seen on their phone during the school day they could either receive a warning or a C10 depending on how it is being used.
Mobile phones can be confiscated (again depending on the circumstances) and there could be occasions where parents have to collect items if this is a repeated issue.
Banned items that will be confiscated and disposed of are listed below
- cigarette lighters
- vapes/cigarettes and associated products
- laser pens
- fizzy drinks
- energy drinks
- chewing gum/lollipops
Essential items that we expect all students to have with them every day:
- iPad (fully charged), including protective case as provided by the school
- Headphones/Earphones – only to be used under the instruction of the teacher.
- Reading book (this can be via the SORA app on the iPad)
- Strong waterproof bag – rucksack or sports bag, not ‘handbag’ style.
- Pencil case (clear, exam standard, for exam years)
- Blue, black and green pen
- A spare pen or spare cartridges if using a fountain pen
- Pencil and pencil sharpener
- A 30cm ruler
- An eraser
- A pair of compasses
- A calculator (scientific calculator such as Casio FX85GT Plus or similar)
- A protractor
- A set of coloured pencils
- A glue stick
- A pair of scissors
- Set square